Email deliverability means how much of a chance your emails have to actually get delivered to the inbox when you send from ActiveCampaign.
Lots and lots of ActiveCampaign users have stress, worry and concern about landing in the spam folder, low open rates, and undelivered emails.
Kay Peacey knows exactly how to help you reduce stress, improve deliverability, and make more money from your email marketing.
And the good news is it’s totally in your power to take action and stay out of the spam folder.
You’re in the right place – here comes your Action Plan to get your ActiveCampaign emails delivered to the Inbox more reliably….
Watch this 10 mins Video – Your 5 Step ActiveCampaign Deliverability Action Plan, with Kay Peacey
Read the 5 Steps – What you need to do to get your ActiveCampaign emails delivered to to the inbox
STEP 1 is to Set up ActiveCampaign Engagement Tagging
- what to do: build engagement automations to tag contacts based on when they last engaged
- when to do it: sooner rather than later; build the automations or check on them now if you already have them
- why to do it: so you see who is helping you get to the inbox and who is hindering you, and treat them accordingly
Learn more on why you need these tags and automations, and what to do with them, in our blog on ActiveCampaign engagement tagging.
Pro Tip: If you do nothing else, do this. Engagement tags in ActiveCampaign are vital to staying out of the spam folder.
The best time to set up ActiveCampaign engagement tagging was six months ago – the next best time is now.
STEP 2 is to Build & Send Better ActiveCampaign Emails
- what to do: send real human content, to build connection and prompt clicks and replies to your emails
- when to do it: starting now; be yourself, include a link to click & send more frequently
- why to do it: you can’t get delivered or clicked if you don’t put yourself out there
Learn more about why content of your ActiveCampaign emails and what your contacts do with them matters in our blog on staying out of the spam folder.
Pro Tip: Every time you write an email, put your deliverability hat on and look to see if it has an inviting link and a human touch.
Every email you send using ActiveCampaign should use best practice to support engagement and deliverability.
STEP 3 is to Be Authentic & Authenticated from ActiveCampaign
- what to do: use verifiable and consistent sender-info, and get your domain DKIM and SPF done properly
- when to do it: set up DKIM and SPF as soon as possible, and use consistent sender info on all emails, always
- why to do it: to show clearly and indisputably that you are an expected sender, and definitely not a spammer
Learn more about how to manage your authentication properly in our blog on ActiveCampaign email authentication.
Pro Tip: Don’t follow random blogs and threads on social for authentication advice – follow guidance from reputable sources.
Unexpected, unrecognised or unverified emails get binned into spam by Mailbox Providers and recipients
STEP 4 is to Fire up the Engagement Flywheel
- what to do: send more emails to highly engaged contacts and fewer or no emails to inactive contacts
- when to do it: as soon as you can identify those highly engaged or inactive contacts, adjust your sending habits to match
- why to do it: higher and more frequent email engagement feeds better email deliverability in a virtuous cycle
Learn more about how to build trust, especially in the early days of a new account, in our blog on how ActiveCampaign keeps an eye on your email sending. The engagement tags are your starting point for nurturing trust for email deliverability.
Pro Tip: It’s how you use the ActiveCampaign engagement tags that makes a difference – just having them isn’t enough.
Frequent clickable emails to your best contacts will keep your engagement flywheel spinning the right way.
STEP 5 is to Know your Numbers & Clean your List
- what to do: check click rates for your emails & remove inactive non buyer contacts
- when to do it: once per month is about right for most businesses
- why to do it: click rates help monitor deliverability health & cold contacts cost money
Learn more about each of the players in the Get to the Inbox game, and how to keep them sweet in our blog on who is important for ActiveCampaign deliverability.
Pro Tip: Knowing who’s who and what they need to keep them happy is a major advantage in getting your emails to the inbox.
A lean clean contact list combined with responsible email sending is the only proven method for staying out of the spam folder.
Grab the FREE pdf download – ActiveCampaign Deliverability Action Plan
I get it – there’s a lot to remember here! So we made this one-page PDF download for you.
Join the ActiveCampaign Academy – Fast effective expert help with email deliverability
Inside our awesome ActiveCampaign Academy we have the best deliverability training available, anywhere, for ActiveCampaign users.
Better Engagement and Deliverability with ActiveCampaign is our flagship course, and you can access the full training, today, with just one month of Essential ActiveCampaign Academy membership.
You could get all the deliverability stuff sorted in one working day, with Kay Peacey on hand for decision points and questions, and still have the rest of the month to dive into more courses, come to our frequent live drop-in calls with Kay, and hang out with us in our ridiculously useful and friendly member community.
If you’ve read this far on this page, you’re stressing about ActiveCampaign email deliverability.
Joining the Academy and doing this one training will make that stress go away, for good.
Emails that don’t get delivered cannot build your business or drive sales.
Why not do it the easy way and step into Essential ActiveCampaign Academy, where your ActiveCampaign expert teacher Kay Peacey will totally look after you every step of the way?
Learn more about our ActiveCampaign Academy membership
Pain-relief for ActiveCampaign users everywhere